a social network from News-Medical.Net
After learning firsthand about how important it is to find a credible and licensed doctor to perform plastic surgery procedures, I truly understand the WHY behind the need to make sure you are getting the right doctor for you. There are so many doctors out there that claim to be the best and it can get hard to figure out who really is the best and who's not. After my husband required plastic surgery for his face due to a car wreck, we learned that the difference between just any surgeon performing these types of delicate surgeries and experienced plastic surgeons is night and day. Even my close friend who had a breast implants done after having children advised us to do the following things when looking for a pro plastic surgeon:
1) Do your homework. You can check your doctors credentials and even through the Better Business Bureau to make sure that there are no complaints or law suits pending.
2) Ask around. Word of mouth is the best advertising for a reason, this is firsthand experience with a doctor and if you find someone that is happy with their surgeon, it is definitely looking into.
3) Read reviews. Google potential doctors to read reviews - you will be surprised at how many people take the time to share their experiences with others on the web.
4) Ask for references. If you have your surgeons narrowed down, don't be afraid to ask for references. If a doctor is upfront and as good as they should be, they will have plenty of satisfied patients for you to speak with.
5) Go for a consult. Many times, just by meeting a doctor, you will get a feel as to whether or not they are a good fit for you or not. Their staff and office will reflect their attitude and what they stand for and give you a good first impression.